Dean has been applying psychology within industry since the mid-90s. He is highly skilled in leadership assessment and development, emotional intelligence, team and organisational development, and psychometrics.He has a strong track record of leadership development, working at senior management and board levels, with individuals and teams. He has delivered leadership and personal development programmes at senior levels across the British public sector and for professional and financial services firms like Allianz Investments, Citigroup, Deloitte and Grant Thornton.
He also has extensive international experience, including working with Ahold, Ford Motor Company, the International Criminal Court, Linde Group, and Qatar Steel Company. Through his work with Saἲd Business School, Oxford University, he has coached leaders from countries including China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, South Africa, and the US.
- Developing leaders at senior management and board level
- Honing emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Enhancing the effectiveness of teams and organisations
- Profiling and assessing leaders
- Developing others’ skills in coaching and the use of psychometrics
Career highlights [+]
- Facilitating, coaching and delivering seminars on leadership derailers for various programmes (open and bespoke) at Oxford-Saïd Business School
- Profiling and coaching leaders and leadership teams at Ahold and ICA (Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- Providing team coaching, individual coaching and leadership development to Southampton Football Club’s Senior Management Team and many of their direct reports over a period of three years
- Co-ordinating leadership development at Allianz Investments, with participants from Europe, South Africa, the US, Japan and China
- Running MBTI workshops for leaders from five continents at the International Criminal Court
- Training practitioners in the MBTI, Hogan and other psychometrics
- Facilitating action learning sets and other forms of peer coaching at a number of organisations including Southampton Football Club, Staffordshire County Council, Queen Mary’s University (London), DVLA, the British Library and Linde Industrial Gases
- Conducting EU-funded research into changing management selection practices in the former communist economies of Eastern Europe
- Empowering HR leaders at Qatar Steel Company to assess management capability and personality
Qualifications and affiliations [+]
- Chartered Occupational Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Founder member of the BPS’s Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- MSc in Applied Psychology
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology
To learn more about us, view more profiles or take a look at our testimonials. Alternatively, to discuss how we can help you and your organisation, please call Richard Boston on +44 7949 324001. Or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.